COMMUNITY Fundraising team
03 9345 5037
Sponsor a bed, change a life
Each year, more than 45,000 sick children are admitted to The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH). By sponsoring a hospital bed, you will help RCH doctors and nurses continue to provide world leading care to thousands of children throughout the year.
The RCH Bed Sponsorship Program is an opportunity for you, your family or your organisation to enhance the care provided to sick children and support the hospital in advancing paediatric healthcare.
Sponsorships for beds in Butterfly, Rosella and the Emergency Department are $7,500 per annum. Sponsorships for beds in the remaining wards are $5,000 per annum. A three year bed commitment is requested where possible.
If you would like to show your support in this very tangible way, please donate using the links (each ward name below) on this page or contact us via the details below.
Areas you can support
If you’re connected to or passionate about a specific area of the hospital, your bed sponsorship can reflect this. Sponsors may nominate to support bed/s in the following wards (subject to availability):
- Butterfly Ward, or our Newborn Intensive Care Unit, cares for some of Australia’s sickest babies
- Cockatoo Ward supports children requiring ongoing surgical or neurological care
- Sugar Glider Ward provides medical care to children with a range of conditions and illnesses
- Platypus Ward supports children requiring ongoing surgical care
- Koala Ward cares for children with serious cardiac conditions
- Rosella Ward, or our Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, provides care to critically ill children
- Kookaburra Ward cares for patients battling childhood cancer
- Kelpie Ward cares for our adolescent patients, our oncology patients and those requiring rehabilitative care
- Banksia Ward supports children and adolescents with mental health concerns
- Dolphin Ward provides medical care for children requiring short hospital stays
- Possum Ward cares for children immediately after surgery
- The Emergency Department cares for children needing urgent care and provides the only paediatric trauma service for Victoria.
Recognising your support is important to us. Each bed sponsor will be acknowledged publicly at the hospital through the RCH Bed Sponsorship Program Acknowledgement Boards and within our annual publication, The Impact of Giving.
To discuss a bed at the hospital, please contact Donna Aranyi, Community Fundraising Manager via email or on 03 9345 4510.