Have an impact on the future of children's health at one of the world's leading paediatric hospitals, with a rewarding career at the RCH Foundation.
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of the RCH, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals.
The RCH Foundation has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital. While a legally separate organisation, the RCH Foundation works very closely with the RCH to help achieve its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as an international leader tackling some of the world's biggest health issues. To achieve this, the RCH Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds support only the most innovative and life-changing programs and initiatives at the hospital that would otherwise not exist.
This exciting new position will work with key internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring high quality communications support is provided to The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation’s wide network of supporters, fundraisers and Auxiliaries
- Working collaboratively, proactively and with a flexible attitude with the Fundraising Department to support and deliver a wide range of campaigns and initiatives
- Proactively contributing to the Organisation and playing an important role in fulfilling the goals of the RCH Foundation’s communications strategy
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum two years’ experience in a communications and/or marketing role with a degree/Advanced Diploma/Certificate in Communications, Media and/or Marketing and/or related equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing communications campaigns, from inception to completion
- Demonstrable experience implementing high quality targeted communications utilising a range of digital and print channels
- Proven written skills for communications purposes (please attach two examples to your application)
- A thorough understanding of, and interest in, social media and digital communications
- Demonstrable ability to display initiative, manage priorities, take responsibility for projects and show a proactive attitude
- Demonstrable ability working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Clear understanding of and personal commitment to the mission and values of the RCH Foundation
- Knowledge of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite desktop publishing programs, familiarity with website CMS and Salesforce-based CRM preferred
- Experience in non-profit/charity industry will be looked upon favourably
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must address the Selection Criteria in the position description. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Please send your application, including your CV, and your responses to the Selection Criteria to email@example.com by COB Monday 1 May, 2017.
For further information or queries about this role, please contact Shakira Silvestri, Communications Manager on 03 9345 5539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs at the RCH
The RCH employs health professionals in a variety of medical, nursing and allied health fields. The hospital also employs professionals from diverse backgrounds for our shared services departments such as finance, information services, corporate counsel, public affairs, human resources and facilities management.
Click here for more information about working at the RCH.