st kilda AUXILIARY

Raising funds for wish list items, giving the Foundation the ability to respond to the most pressing needs of the hospital.

Area: Southern suburbs

THE STORY SO FAR

Established in 1922, the St Kilda Auxiliary is one of the few remaining 'originals' that were formed with The Royal Children's Hospital almost 90 years ago. The auxiliary has been a dedicated supporter of The Royal Children's Hospital since its inception, with many of the St Kilda Auxiliary members offering decades of service to fundraising for the RCH.

WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON

The St Kilda Auxiliary’s fundraising efforts of yesteryear included anything from making the doctors’ gowns and sheets and pillowcases for the patients to running annual stalls and working in the hospital canteen. Today the group's fundraising activities include stalls and raffles, Paddy’s Market, and working regularly in the Gift Shop. The auxiliary's local council, community organisations and members provide it with regular support. Funds raised go towards funding items on the hospital’s wish list. The St Kilda Auxiliary also supports the Imaging Department.

Office bearers

President: Mavis Pope
Treasurer:  Joh Kane

Contact

Phone
(03) 5259 3429